Monday 5 September 2011

Dont Leave Me Hanging

{prowling the Penthouse like a caged animal, shitkickers wearing a rut in the polished floor, pacing out the minutes 'til the sun sets, gloved hand fisting black hair as another sharp-shooter of a headache bores into my skull. Stabbing the blunt into the overflowing ashtray...fuck, I need to move, to think, straighten out the shit in my head.. and as the shutters roll up I'm already reaching for the keys to the Escalade...pausing mid-grasp, the key to Tory's Hayabusa catching my attention... fuck yes.. speed, the open road... just what I need to clear my head, closing the key into my palm, calling out to Tory, voice tight as I struggle to camo the high tension humming through me like a live wire} Taking a ride Tory, won't be gone long, true {not waiting for a response, can't fucking bear to look her in the eyes right now, leather jacket zipped to the throat, palming the glossy black helmet while I scroll through my cell to hook up the bluetooth to the built in sound system.. needing loud..very loud.. earsplitting beats to drown out the demons in my head. I make for the elevator, but change tack...too fucking slow...I need perpetual motion..hitting the stairs, shitkickers pounding, bounding down the steps, flight after curving flight blurred by the speed of my feet until I barrel out into the underground car port and there she is, Tory's Busa, sleek and black, beautiful in her samurai armour, lethal, untamed, dangerous, just like her owner. Mounting the bike, the helmet tugged down over feral diamond eyes, I open up the throttle and the beast growls to life between my thighs, all that horsepower and speed straining to be unleashed, tearing out onto the streets of Caldwell, the engine snarling, pushed to the limits, as if I could outrun the fucking devil himself....}
*narrowed emerald eyes gaze out over the twinkling lights of Caldwell, watching shadows flit through streets running busy with tiny cars, following the streaking line of the Busa as V opens her up, my baby a prowling beast growling through the city, owning it with fierce sleek black lines, ridden by a male with something on his mind...and I know not what, cannot help if he doesnt tell me, am left to wonder and fear that something has changed for him...and so my silent vigil keeps watch for the glimpse of his return, the hum of the city layered with the underground whisperings of darkness, crawling up the sides of the Commodore to pull my brow into a frown, senses cast out, seeking something beyond my perception...the vibrating buzz of my cell breaks thoughts into a shimmer of mental debris. The call button pressed, cell to my ear, voice a terse* What? *and the caller...my growls rent the air, a rottweiler encased in the barely civilised form of a female and tearing to get free...Caith...asking to talk to my male, her voice desperate, hushed over a heavy bass beat, cracked, she 'needed' V, yeah...like an addict denied her next fix* Listen to me, female. He's MINE...*her protests of innocence drowned out by the next snarled sentence* You dared to call me, asking for my male...that doesnt sound like an innocent request...*and then words were lost to growls and a hard stab of my finger cut off the call. Possession rides a fever in my blood, insides removed and pure fury poured in, filling me into the predatory curves of my own skin, sharpening my edges against the whetstone of my anger. Maybe it was just her, maybe it's the evil I can feel creeping, insidious through Caldwell, maybe I'm just as psychotic as people make me out to be, whatever the reason, death runs in my veins, the fight gripping me in the tension of my temper* Fucking female..*head shaking, the cell raised once again to my ear, waiting for the line to connect. Bingo! Jodi's voice on the other end, her response quick. Smart. Using the minutes it would take her to travel to change and prep the young for  their aunt, I am armed and encased in the dark green strips of a fighting dress, short, a second skin concealing lethal daggers, by the time she comes to watch them. And guilt eats at my rage as their tiny mouths smile up at me, and miniature hands bat at my face, tangling in my hair...but I have to do this, I cant leave the challenge unanswered. Extracting myself from their grabby hands and leaving Jodi with some semblance of a smile, dematting, armed to the teeth, dressed in the dark, sleek skin of seductive death, to Zerosum, to pin my adversary and remove the threat*
{The streets are a blur of kinetic energy as the Busa chews up the asphalt, engine roaring, wind whipping, heart drumming with the exhilarating high, the heavy rap beat pounding out a rhythm in my skull, drowning out the corrupt whispers of doubt, a blissful, temporary reprieve.. until the music cuts out abruptly, interrupted as a call diverts through to my cell..sonofafuckingbitch...killing the engine to a throbbing purr and pulling up at the side of the road to take the call, I wait for a voice without speaking...the low throbbing base of music and the background buzz suggest the caller is in some kind of club} <<Vishous? V, is that you? Please..>>{I have an instant bead on that voice, despite the trembling distortion of fear} Caith? << Vishous!!..thank the Virgin...I'm so sorry...I need your help. Please, I...{her voice lowers to a strangled whisper} I'm at Zerosum...can't talk...but I'm in trouble...I'm sorry...Tory hung upon me..I expected you to answer..I'm.. {a hissed string of curses breathes through the helmet speakers} fuck!! shit!!...>>{and then the call leaving me hanging with just a droning tone} Fuck! {the female was terrified...of what? of Tory?? Jesus Christ!!.. feeling like I've been slapped in the face with a palmful of cold mud, blood thinned to ice-water as I fire up the bike and tear off in the direction of Zerosum, a growling streak of fury ripping through the streets of downtown Caldwell...}
*my heels on glossy floor are the drumbeat of outrage, parting a crowd of pulsating, gyrating dancers with the violent energy coalescing into a single form...and instinct moves prey from the path of a predator, civilians gathering their females, shifting to the outer edges as humans mill about, confused, the heavy beat from the speakers vibrating my cells with raw emotion, something akin to the wildest of angers...and eyes darker than sin flash in my reflection, emerald bled out to obsidian, seeking one...No doubt the head of security is somewhere, her presence a pulse in the VIP bathrooms...and the Reverend isnt home...lips sneering snarls...there was nothing to stop me, the Moors otherwise occupied at the door...civilians powerless against me, humans mice scurrying from a deep-seated fear they dont understand...and her...Caith, back to me, arm held in the grip of a male I dismiss with a growled curl of my lip, flashing wicked daggers that scream death and leave her isolated...my forearm pins the nape of her neck, hips crushing hers to the wall, my entire body flattening her into the dark decor as we make like a wall painting...sexual to anyone else, maybe, but it's a threat, she cant move a muscle without my permission, cant twitch, or kick, even her air intake is controlled as I lean into her, free hand slipping a blade free from the strips of my dress, voice razor sharp and dark with fury spinning a melody of whispered threats to her ear* You made a mistake female, calling me, if you expected sympathy, you would have been better hitting up Xhex for your troubles...I have no rules, no limits, when it comes to my male...*a lie...Even with my fangs hovering in a strike over her jugular and my blade getting cosy teasing the skin just under her ribcage...it's not my nature generally, to kill females...anything else is fair game, I kill to protect them, not kill them...but she doesnt know that...and my whispered growls promise blood and pain, I could ruin her male chasing days forever, the blade nicking in to her skin, her fear the acrid scent of one who is dancing with Death and knows it, welling with the trickle of crimson spilling her life into the shark pool of my rage, baiting the snapping jaws of my wrath....civilians edge towards the doors at that scent, the smallest drop tripping the flight instinct and sending them fleeing. Her lips part on strangled sobs, tears smearing mascara into black lines down her face*<<Tory please...I..>> You what? Had a quiet night? None of the other Brothers wanted you? <<I need your help...I need V's help...>> You need to not say his name right now...*the blade digs deeper as my snarl rings out, a flesh wound, a mere scratch, but the thin skin breaks easy and she screams with all the air left in her squashed lungs as blood trickles faster, hot on my fingers. Hissing, eardrums protesting the screeching fear burrowing into my skull* If you bring anyone else into this, my blade is awful hungry and will bleed you a little more if you dont shut the FUCK UP!! *scream dragged to a whimper on a sharp, choking inhale, she quiets, but the presence at my back is an undeniable threat, menace in onyx eyes I twist slightly, forearm locked at Caith's neck, vicing her to the wall, to meet the cold gunmetal grey of Xhex's intense glare*<<Get off her, Ty..before I send you back to your hellren in pieces>>*smirking a wicked flash of ivory wrath* No...but you're welcome to try and...*arrogance borne of fury, perhaps, but I have no doubt it would be a pretty fair fight* Stop me...
{Brakes screeching, burning rubber as the bike stops on a dime outside Zerosum, the peanut gallery wait line gathered outside rubbernecking in unison as I dismount the Busa, slamming the helmet down on the seat, the temperature around me plummeting, pissed-off attitude rolling from me in arctic waves, barging a path through the drunk, surging crowd, an iced chill of dread trickling down my spine at what awaits me inside...shitkickers moving me through the club with all the grace of a fucking robot...this looks bad, true...real fucking bad.. a trail of dead females...all subs...all ex patrons of the Penthouse...leading right here to Zerosum and Caith...annnnnd...motherfucker!! Stopping dead...breath stalled in leaden lungs, the techno beat slurred in my ears to a slow-motion drawl like the world just ceased turning on its goddamned axis...the sum of all fears realized.. in the fucking flesh...Caith, pinned like a fucking entymology specimen to the wall, face contorted in a mask of abject terror.. and her assailant is...my voice is nothing more than a cracked whisper} Tory??

No comments:

Post a Comment