Tuesday 30 August 2011

Once upon a time

Once upon a time, there was great warrior...who was imprisoned for her own safety...she fought, she railed, she painted the walls purple...and her guard raised not a hand to hurt her...he coaxed smiles from her lips, and fixed her shattered soul...and gave her the most beautiful gifts anyone could ever ask for...*Xsykhe's gurgling smile is brighter than the stars as she squirms in my arms, tiny hands batting at skin chilled from the night* One day, malyutka, you and your brother will be called upon to kill, to protect our race from those that would see us dead...I only hope you find someone to ground you...to keep you from the edge of war and show you paradise when the world gets dark...*resting my head lightly on top of hers, her tiny body held close to my heart, emerald eyes gazing out over the Caldwell skyline, listening to the rush of life, the dark undertone of evil sweeping through the city...a storm is brewing...and I have a feeling I'm going to be bundled up and stashed in a bomb shelter until it passes...a shiver races down my spine, and with our daughter pressed into my heat, I convince myself it is just the wind...and close the sliding glass door behind us to answer the waking murmurs of Khaos

No comments:

Post a Comment