Monday 1 August 2011

Blades and Ribbons

*Gods I hope they arent this fussy all day...it's like they know something is going down, their eyes bright, aware, refusing to sleep even after feeding them both til their lids droop and dreams pull at them...stubborn little freaklings, not wanting to miss their day..doesnt help they are fascinated with the full length silk pajamas V handed me...so fucking flattering...they'd eventually drop off...I hope...feathering playfully kisses to their smiling faces with a stern 'Sleep', I pad over cool marble out to the living area and perch my ass on the couch to wait, fangs worrying my lip, going over the vows...cause fuck if I'm messing up my youngs' chances*
{Laying the straight razor down on the bathroom sink, diamond eyes lifted to my reflection, scrubbing the towel over the freshly trimmed lines of my goatee’d jaw. Tory preferred it scruffy, but it inevitably got to a point where I’d look in the mirror and see HIM staring back at me... the Bloodletter.. today is not a day to dwell on the past.. as a wise man once said ‘when one has not had a good father, one must create one.’ True that... Shrugging into the top of the ceremonial black silk gi, the sash, richly embroidered with emerald threads, tied low on my waist. Bare feet padding across the stone floor, emerging from the bedroom to find you sitting ramrod straight on the edge of the couch. Dropping to my knees at your feet, gloved thumb stroking over your fang-worried lips, a smile hovering on my lips} no biting Tory.. that's my job, true. Nervous, shellan mine?
No? *the statement lilting into a question, looking down into your clear diamond eyes* I dont want to give the fates a reason to hurt our young...I want to do this right...if I do anything right, it has to be this...*fingers drifting up your silk-covered forearms to lace our fingers, reaching out our hands to stroke the fresh-shaved lines of your jaw* you clean up good...*fighting to push down the nerves sitting heavy in my stomach, mutant butterflies* are you nervous?
No Tory {flashing you a fanged grin, rising from my knees, our linked hands guiding you to your feet, the silk pyjamas swamping your feminine frame... it's not the norm for females to take part in this ceremony, but fuck I love that about  you... shellan, mahmen, warrior... all female strength.. I pledged in this very room to fight at your side and now it seems so damn right that we do the same for our young... that we swear to protect them, side by side... together, stopping when we reach the long table, my gaze taking in the ceremonial blades, black and emerald ribbons tied to their hilts, the silver bowls of salt, the pitchers of water...the doggen are perfectionists, true. Everything perfect...damn this takes me back.. turning to meet your eyes, your fingers squeezed in my gloved hand} You ready to do this?
Hell yeah...*I'm ready...just watching you, following at the tug of your hand, seeing the layout...how could I be nervous? The butterflies crumble to dust as I run the tip of my finger along a blade...we've done this before, you and I...when you etched your name into my skin, when my blade carved your shoulders...when we took an oath to fight beside one another, to protect, to love...I can do this...it's the same...I'd die a million times over to protect them, only right we vow it...my smile is a slight laugh, slipping the ends of the silk ribbons through my fingers...how far we've come since our mating...I doubt either of us thought we'd ever perform this ceremony...for the world I never thought I'd win the lottery twice...as emerald meets diamond, my smile widens, fangs glinting, tightening my fingers around yours* ready when you are...
{inclining my head, your emotions, your determination laid bare in the clarity of your gaze as you release my hand to lay yourself out on the long table, a smooth, coordinated surge of limbs and you are stretched out, midnight waves fanning out around your head, your palms clasped in mine, I begin to speak in the Old Language} What are the names of your young? {a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth}
*my voice is clear, their names as familiar on my tongue as yours, the Old Language on my lips* They are called Xsykhe and Khaos....*such a strange thing...to be so connected to others, to have a bond with your young that rivals that with your mate...love, branched off in different forms until it consumes you, lights you up...amazing what family can do...when it is right, when you formed it with the other half of your soul...thumb feathering over your knuckles, my eyes sparkling*
{gazes locked, I continue the ancient words of our race} And will you sacrifice yourself for them? Will you swear to love them and protect them from all who would seek to do them harm? And will you teach them the ways of our kind? 
*a low growl builds...anyone who so much as thought of harming them would be ripped limb from limb before they even had a chance to formulate their next thought...and my life is already theirs....sacrifice, fight, die for them...happily...no question of my love, the teachings may be a little...altered...pinning you in the sincerity of my gaze* Fuck yes....*switching to the Old Language as I catch myself...a little too late but what the fuck...* So I pledge, so I am sworn....
{quirking a brow, amusement flickering over my gaze, but nodding solemnly} Then in the ways of our warriors, you shall carry their names forever in your flesh, a reminder and a declaration of your sworn oath. Where will you bear their names?
*drawing a deep breath, your scent carried into my lungs as I roll up the silken top to just under my breasts, fingers marking the curves on my stomach* Forever I will bear their names here. Where I carried them, nurtured them, protected them...
{Oh God.. so much suffering, so much death, carved and inked into the canvas of your exposed skin, palm hesitating over the fine ceremonial blade, more scalpel than dagger, the emerald green ribbon curling around my wrist, lids closing over bright crystal irises, recalling the last blade that breached your skin there.. ultimate despair... so sure I’d lost you..all three of you.. the dark incense of the bonded male saturating the air...steeling my resolve.. I am truly blessed...this is a brand you will bear out of love..not pain..not vengeance... love.. closing steady fingers around the knife the razor point held to your skin, dimpling your flesh, meeting your gaze, your acceptance silently acknowledged, I begin to carve the Old Language letters.. finely detailed, scribed with surgical precision to your unflinching skin, a murmured 'fuck, I love you Tory' falling from my lips}
*jaw locked, tightly clenched as the sharp blade falls to my skin, no pain...not my realm of pain anyway...just the satisfaction, the deep love that fuels this action, the trust that allows my body to lie unflinching as you engrave first one name...our daughter, the letters emblazoned on my soul alongside yours..and then the other...our son, written into the pages of my life, into the very essence of my existence like his sister, like you...and you're fast...precise, the names circling my navel, carved deep, large enough to curve into an infinite cycle, neither first nor last..just ours...looking up from watching your skilled hands as your words fall into the silence* I love you, V...
{lifting my eyes to you with a fanged smile, my hands work quickly, scoring your skin, incising the names of our young, etching them into your skin and your soul... crimson droplets welling where I carve and on instinct, my head dips down, lips kissing away the droplets with reverence to reveal the finished design, a circle without beginning or end,  infinite, unconditional love. Laying the blade to the table, the silver pitcher raised, salt clouding the flow of water as I fill the ceremonial bowl, creating the briny solution that will make the carved names permanent} This may hurt Tory..
*as if I dont know that...but a simple pitcher is better than a bath of the salty water...my skin tingling where your lips touched, so tender, the way you used to kiss my stomach when they kicked...distracting myself, pulling up memories to cloud out the dark creeping forwards...a tight nod, hands wrapping over the edges of the table, bracing myself into the surface, muscles taut, tensed for the searing burn...that spills onto my skin with the flood of briny water, pitcher upturned, pouring the pain through to my muscles, down to bone, a familiar ache borne for different reasons...It settles fast to a dull throb that increases as I sit up, muscles twitching out their displeasure at the movement* your turn, nallum *palm splashing in the watery residue on the table, silk dropped from your torso as you vault onto the wet surface, my hands lacing through yours, eyes lifting to greet diamond with a smile* are you ready?
{planting my ass up on the wooden surface, the sash untied from my hips, black silk pushed back off my shoulders, mirroring your smile, your hands squeezed reassuringly} So fucking ready, Tory...
*gripping your hands, locking our eyes, the ancient vows of our race fall from my lips in the old tongue, questioning* What are the names of your young? *our young...all fucking ours...fucking miracles*
Xsykhe and Khaos... their names are Xsykhe and Khaos {warrior names, destined for the Brotherhood before they were ever born and I cannot help but fear what this life of war and conflict holds in store for the two, tiny innocents sleeping contentedly in the room next door... but fuck I will guard and protect them with my life}
*unable to hide the grin spreading across my face, the next words are lilted with happiness* will you sacrifice yourself for them? Will you swear to love them...protect them from all who would seek to do them harm? And will you teach them the ways of our kind? *the Old Language trails off as I wait, hands itching to carve their names into your skin*
{The 'hell yes you know I fucking will, shellan mine' is written all over my expression but the words are restrained, as is proper for the formal ceremony} So I pledge, shellan mine, so I am sworn
*my fingers close around the frankly quite tiny blade, for small cuts, surgical, the black ribbons curling to embrace my hand* Then in the ways of our warriors, you shall carry their names forever in your flesh, a reminder and a declaration of your sworn oath. Where will you bear their names? *wetting my lips as I raise my hand, your answer stinging tears to my eyes...to carve their names around your Brotherhood scar...your strength, your love, your heart...surrounded by them...blade touches skin, scoring the deep, precise script of the Old Language letters, their names appearing in crimson, cut into the cycling engraved pattern of infinity, forever in your skin, close to your heart...not a tremble in my hand as I pour salt into the pitcher, blade set aside, dropping a kiss to your lips, murmuring* this may hurt, my soul...
{my left pec twitches reflexly as cold steel touches skin, eyes closed, immersing myself in the cutting sensation, not pain but a bladed caress in my skin, the only really good things in my life, born out of love, not hatred, not war, not brutal survival... carved in my skin, engraved on my soul for eternity... first my shellan... and now my young...the only movement is the beat of my heart on the razor tip of your blade as you cut, palms braced on the wood, breath held in anticipation of the salty wash that will permanently seal their names around my heart, a soft hiss escaping gritted teeth as you pour, the pain welcome, searing my skin in a sizzle of flesh....and then it is done... lids cracking to meet your teary emerald eyes, the pitcher still held in your white-knuckled grip, palms cupping your cheeks, leaning forward to capture your lips in a bruising kiss, murmuring on your lips} thank you Tory... for everything, true
*lips swollen with kisses when I pull back from you reluctantly, blade once more in my hand, a quick slice freeing the long satin black ribbon from the hilt, dangling from my fingers* no, thank you, V...for everything...*quirking a playful brow as I watch you release the ribbon from your blade* hope you know how to braid, nallum...
I have all kinds of hidden talents nalla {winking, a slow grin spreading on my face} tying things up is just one of them, true {standing at your back, my arms curving round you to cover your hands with mine, deft fingers guiding yours, my breath tickling your neck as our fingers work the black and emerald satin into an intricate braid, entwining our colors in a symbol of our bond, our united pledge of protection to the young}
*as our fingers twine, under, over, braiding the complexly beautiful bow in a braid of emerald and black, shimmering, perfect, our love woven into the strands, our pledge, our unity...and the intimacy strikes me...tears in my throat, crystal liquid in my eyes, a wordless acknowledgment when we finish and as one move to the nursery, our bow fluttering between us...well at least they slept...catching your eyes, lifting my gaze from the curled together forms of our young* last part, my love...
{Smiling like a MOFO, heart swollen to bursting with emotion and pride, surrounded by all that is good about my entire existence... emerald satin in your hand, black in mine, bound with love to the rail of the crib, four shining eyes, diamond and emerald tracking the bright flutter of the colourful ribbons as the young stir to life, reaching to the silver tray of champagne flutes left out by the doggen, a glass slipped into your hand, another in mine, meeting your eyes with a huge smile} To the young, true!
To the young! *laughing, wondering if I can get a flute of Absinthe instead, intent on watching tiny hands reach for silky ribbons as my heart pounds out the drum of my happiness, the peace settling calm through my soul...my world is here..three people who mean more to me than my own life, who I would destroy the world for...who are the reason for the smiles that now come to my lips so easily..and this is another ceremony I dont mind conforming to...to ensure their safety into adulthood...through their transitions...beyond...taking a sip as I find your hand and entwine our fingers, grinning wide my voice hushed* perfect, thank you, nallum...I love you....
The nursery will remain open for all who wish to tie their colors to the crib. Tory and I would be honored by your presence.
EhlenaBDB :*Tying the amethyst satin in my hand into a bow on the babies crib as I say a blessing in the old language*{inclines my head} Thank you so much Ehlena {smiles wide} 
Grey_GooseGirl: I am so happy to be part of Xsykhe and Khaos' ribbon ceremony. Seems like this has been forever in the making. *softly ties her purple and gold ribbons* true that, long time coming {smiles} thank you so much, they are beautiful. you honour us...*smiles wide* and with such beautiful colours...thank you...
MissJulietD001: *tiptoes in...quietly places her colours on the crib...gently strokes each tiny face..tiptoes back out* x {inclines my head with a smile, calling after you} you honour us, Miss Juliet Thank you
DarkDreamer79: *fingers laced with @smartassV’s as I step up to the crib, gripping the carefully entwined ribbon of red and black knotted into a looping bow and affixing it to the rail, casting an adoring glance down at the wriggling young, eyes closed in a silent prayer, vowing to love Khaos and Xsykhe as if they were my own…my life for theirs happily given, smiling softly as I gently stroke the twin heads of silken black hair, tilting my head to press a kiss to @smartassV’s lips, turning to V and Tory…my family* I love all of you…so much. {clearing my throat, nodding to @smartassV} my thanks to you both, true. It is an honour to call you sister. *pulling @DarkDreamer79 into a tight hug* sister mine...we love you too...thank you *throwing @smartassV a grateful smile* *gives you a squeeze before pulling away to hug V around the waist* No thanks are necessary, brother mine.
Telksy_Kitten: *clears my throat softly as I step up to the grib clutching a Navy blue ribbon in my hand fiddling nervously with the ends* Tory, V *smiles softly and looks down at the twins as I tie the ribbon to the crib. Reaching down to stroke each of their heads my eyes fill with tears* They are perfect. I love you all, and I will protect them with my life. They shall want for nothing in this life. *laughs* of course they'll want for nothing, they have us as parents...thank you, Telks, for your ribbon...{inclines my head with a grin} thank you Telks, Tory and I are truly honoured
Simply_JoAnn: *walks into the nursery and looks down at the twins Xsykhe and Khao, then smiles* Hiya cuties! Here's a little something from me to you both *pulls out sapphire and silver ribbons, then ties them to the crib* Bye. *leaning down and kissing their cheeks, then leaving*  *smiles, softly stroking the fall of ribbons, hand lifted in a wave* Thank you JoAnn, they're beautiful... *turns around and hugs you* Your Welcome! Thank you for allowing me to participate in the ceremony. If you ever need a babysitter, just ask if my schedule allows. *chuckles, hugging you back slightly* I'll add you to the list, a lot of babysitters in waiting... {smiles} thank you JoAnn, good to see the #warrioraunties out in force, true. You honor me and Tory
Danika_Ford: -I look in nervously at the nursery with a golden & red ribbon in my hand 4 the twins- May I? -with shame- *nodding slowly, lips twitching into a smile* of course, blessings for our young are welcome from anyone... Thank you.- smiling shyly- I walk next to the cribs to tie both ribbons. Looking down to see the twins- They're so beautifull! - I approached my hand 2 there little heads not daring 2 touch them.Smile & sigh softly -My thanks, true. Your colors are beautiful and an honor to Tory, me and our young
Elliemom: *approaching slowly* Am I too late, Tory?  Oh no, sweet..I said anytime...I meant it...please...*beckoning you closer playfully* they dont bite....yet... *giggling* I'm not worried about the bite! I don't want to wake them. Oh people have been coming and going, they keep drifting in and out of sleep...you're fine..come on... *grins* *smiling* Ok. *stepping in, I place my burgundy and black ribbons on the crib, saying a silent prayer of health and good fortune to the twins* *nodding my thanks, hugging you on impulse* thank you... V, the young and I are honoured you came... *smiles hugging you back* I'm very honored to be here Tory and to be a part of this. {grins, flashing ivory canines} my thanks to you for honouring us with your colors
Legion_LOTU: *Placing a violet ribbon upon the nursery crib. Adhered to a purple lotus bloom* Be strong little ones *smiling*  *stroking my finger down the soft petalled addition* beautiful...thank you...  stunning, true. Thank you for honouring us and our young with your blessing
Sparklybearsy: Congratulations to you both and the little ones *smiles* Hope you have a wonderful celebration. {smiles} heartfelt thanks, true. You are very welcome to tie your colours to the crib should you wish to 
Gabez_Girl: *walking silenty toward the crib smiling* Wrapping lavender and turquoise satin ribbons around the railing. I wish Khaos and Xsykhe all the love and happiness any two young will need. I know by looking at their parents they will always have everything* *grins, hugging you tight* thank you, Tasha, so much..they're beautiful...I'm glad you came... {smiling, diamond gaze looking over the rainbow of color adorning the crib} thank you for coming.. It was truly my honor. I can't wait to see them grow. 
Insomniacsleepr: *paces outside the nursery with my ribbons behing my back, thinking they look kinda crappy compared 2 all the beautiful ones* maybe i should just go. *tries backing out hoping im not spotted* {chuckles} I see you, little sis. Get your ass in here, true.. crap. im busted. *slowly steps in* umm hi big bro.{smiles wide} appreciate you coming, true {eyes flicking to catch a glimpse of what you're hiding behind your back}*catches ur eyes seeing what im hiding behind my back n tries 2 hide it better* i had 2 come even though im nervous. i love those 2 lil ones and i would do anything for them. Tory and I know that, true {ushers you up to the young} we'd be honored to have your ribbons adorn their crib.  you have nothing to be nervous about *smiles* they're not biting yet....*grins, making room at the crib* *gets ushered along and looks down at the 2 most beautiful young i have ever seen* V, u and tory r both truly blessed. *smiles proudly, chuckles* dont worry hun, thats not what has me nervous *playing with whats suppose 2 be ribbons behind my back*  we are doubly blessed, true {closed my gloved hand over Tory's with a smile} *emerald eyes flashing smiles up at V* doubly blessed.... *smiles*...the young see only the colours,  they dont worry about anything else...your ribbons will be beautiful... http://yfrog.com/gz8a47j *shyly reveals whats been hiding behind my back and quickly looks away kinda embarrassed* *grins, reaching out to stroke the braid* fasten it with the others, please...it's very pretty... *blushes and ties them on* thanks tory. it was made with nothing but love in mind. that is what counts, I think our babies will like the colours...*smiles softly* those are beautiful, true. Stunning. And so thoughtful. An honor to have them tied alongside our own 
Zsadists_curse: {speaking in a solemn voice in the Old Language} My brother, blessings to your shellan and health and happiness for your young {steps towards the crib, eyes flashing bright yellow, tying the ribbon along with the others...clapping your shoulder before stepping away} {drags you back into a brief, restrained hug, stepping back, voice deepening} you honor me and Tory, brother  {clears my throat, hugging you before stepping back} The honor is mine my brother {nodding at Tory} I'm here for the young and you both should you need anything. *flashes a grin, fangs glinting, ignoring the obviously awkward hugging* Thank you warrior.... You're welcome Tory. {runs a hand over my skull trim before slipping away}
WithoutSunlight: Much love,health,happiness to u and these beauties *ties ribbons* If you need anything...{nods and smiles} your blessings and ribbons honor Tory, and me and our young. Sincere thanks, true..
AWhiskeyLullaby: *knocking softly on Tory and V's door* *emerald eyes peeking around the door, lips curving into a grin* Jo! Come in...*whispers in case the twins are sleeping* Sorry I'm late *blushing bright showing you http://bit.ly/rtHlDg*  you're not late, people keep on drifting in...*chuckles, eyebrow raised* pink? that may just combust...{standing by the crib, bedecked in swathes of colourful ribbons} you're not late Jo. Appreciate you coming Thanks mister V *giggles soft* What can I say.... it's my color http://bit.ly/nCxctI and of course in the package.... i mean I didn't wanna get the twins a real one...and I think it will be big enough for the both of them *laughs* http://bit.ly/qVgQar well, I think it's the only pink one on here..*eyeing the crib's rainbow colours warily, before opening the box, laughing softly, the plush in my hands* Ok, that's cute...would you like to give it to them? *smiles shaking my head* I dont want to disturb them, I'm sure everybody wanted to see them already today.. Oh they're lapping it up, you wont be disturbing them...*waving the puppy at you* dont you want to meet them? http://twitpic.com/5euccj And of course you have to attach your ribbon...I might burn...*winks*  {Lips twitching in a grin} cute puppy, true Thanks mister V. You should consider getting them a real one in time. Kids flourish around animals. *laughs* Pink wont kill you Tory *winks* but okay *nodding lots* I'd love to..*beams, flashing fangs as I watch you add the bright pink to the rainbow adorning the crib* pretty..*giggles soft running a finger over the pink* Is this okay? *smiles* I love all the colors.. it is, perfect...it represents you...*smiles* it is very psychedelic...*laughs softly looking at the twins in the crib, whispers* They are amazing, Tory..... just amazing *eyes roaming over their snoring forms, peace curving my lips* thank you...I think so too..they look like V...*shakes my head* No, Tory. *smiles* They are a perfect mix of you both {cracks a grin} we do have @torysgreendude {cutting my gaze to Tory with a smile} they look like you, my love..*looking up with a grin* his looks, my attitude? *softening as I smile at V* if you say so, my soul....*smiles soft* I should leave you with them *smiles wide* thank you both so much for inviting me...we are honoured you came...thank you so much, for the ribbon, for their puppy...*smiles, hugging you* *hugging you tight* love you so much hun *smiles at mister V* You too *laughs* and you know if you need a babysitter... love you too..*laughing as I pull back, pretending to get a pad and pen from thin air* you're on the list.. appreciate you coming, true #warriorauntie of worth {grins} *smiles wide, laughing at V* Warriorauntie with a pink ribbon, true *winks* {chuckles} brave move bringing the pink, true #warriorauntie love you *whispers soft sneaking out of the room leaving the happy family be for now*

Tohrs_vengeance: [slips into the twins room, tying a ribbon of my family's colors onto the crib, closing my eyes, saying a silent prayer in the Old Language] I, Tohr, Son of Hharm ask that you, dearest Scribe Virgin, bless these young and bestow upon them a life full of joy, health and happiness [smoothes my finger over the young's cheeks before silently slipping out of the nursery and heading to my office] *stroking a bow I never saw before, scanning the room, a familiar scent on the silk* thank you, warrior..   {squeezing Tory's hand in mine as I see your colors tied to the crib, knowing how hard it must have been for you to be here. The memories...fuck... Raking gloved fingers through my hair} thank you, Brother. You honor us, true
Hollywood_Rhage: [quietly sneaking to the twin's nursery, a big grin on my face, leaving two bouquets of Tootsie Pops with a note that reads "when you get older, uncle Rhage will teach you how to fight" [shoves a tootsie in my piehole and slips back out of the room]  {low laughter filling the nursery} your #warrioruncle thinks he can teach you two to fight Thank you brother maybe he can teach them to eat their weight in tootsie pops..*smiles, bemused* Warrior...thank you...
Phurys_Conflict: [quietly slipping into the twins' nursery, adding a ribbon with my family colors next to the one tied by my own twin @Zsadists_curse, stepping back, offering a silent prayer to the Scribe Virgin asking that these twins be blessed beyond measure, that they have health and happiness always and that they never know the pain of unwarranted separation, looking at them a moment longer before retreating to my room] {inclining my head, yours and your twin's ribbons running through my gloved fingers, your blessing ringing true in my heart.. my own twin unknown to me for centuries, clearing my throat} you honor me and Tory, brother. Thank you.*prayers in silk, the words lingering in the air..I hope never to see them parted* thank you, warrior... 

Magnus_Reloaded: *Entering to the nursery of V & Tory's twins, tie 2 ribbons, 1blue & 1red on their crib as @Psychotabby told me to do* {nods and smiles} our thanks to you warrior and your mate @Psychotabby for honouring Tory and me with your colors..
RhagesMary: *embarrassed I wasn't able to stop by yesterday, I set the box containing the ribbon from @RhageBeast and I at the penthouse door, with a note offering up all the blessings and health to you and your young that the Scribe Virgin could give. Whispering* Much love to you all. *as I quietly leave* *the slight noise, nothing much, words through a door, prompts me to slip from V's embrace and pad silently to check, the deadbolt slipped back, eyes falling on the box, note in my hand bringing a smile to my lips, carefully lifting the ribbon and heading back inside to show V and tie it with the rest* Oh Mary, thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment