Tuesday 19 April 2011

Vision



{Fuck!! wild diamond eyes flying open.. shooting up from the bed like I've just taken a shitkicker in the head, leather-bound knuckles rammed between my teeth, gagging my mouth to muffle the screams bubbling up from my throat...eyes darting  immediately to Tory..everything is as it should be, breathing peacefully, the midnight waves of her hair blending into the black silk, lips slightly parted, and yet, subconsciously, even in sleep, the protective hand on her lower belly curls tighter. A dream then..a fucking nightmare..that dark, malevolent shadow, reeking with the stench of evil, the kind that makes your skin crawl and your gut wretch, the slashing blade in flesh, blood..fuck, so much blood.. those soul-wrenching screams, Tory’s emerald eyes peeled wide in abject terror and utter despair, unspeakable agony ripping through my chest like I've been torn apart, limb from fucking limb...breath like a hacksaw in my chest, skin clammy, drenched in a cold sweat of dread heart jack-hammering between my ears, clutching the sides of my head like I could keep my brain from exploding the black walls of the Penthouse closing in around me..lurching on sloppy legs, snatching a bottle of Goose en route to the bathroom...knuckles clenched white, bracing the edges of the sink..lifting my eyes to the mirror, the tats around my eye stand out in sharp relief against my skin, ashen in the harsh light, watching in horror as the black pupil starts to dilate, eclipsing the iris to nothing but a thin diamond ring.. eating up the the white part, until there is nothing but a black hole, like staring into infinity, or maybe into the Fade as you died..then my lips start moving, a deep, disembodied voice, spilling words into the silence. 'Three of three, blood that binds to bring forth progeny of tortured soul and dark of light, from shadow of death does young bring life'...the voice trailing off leaving me feeling punch-drunk...bewildered falling to my knees on the bathroom tile, clutching the bottle of Goose, sucking it down like its air, a pounding headache lancing my skull.Fuck! Something was coming, something very fucking bad...gloved hand fisting tight..my visions were back, the curse of the future returned to me with a fucking vengeance..and there was fuck all I could do about stopping this..}

No comments:

Post a Comment