Monday 2 May 2011

Facing Evil



*the first thing that happens when I finally rouse myself from the baseball bat induced coma, is that my system decides to purge itself of whatever was in my stomach…namely an apple…and...something else. The remainder is bitter on my tongue, the back of my hand wiping across my mouth with a disgusted curl of my lips as my eyes try and focus through the clammy dizziness that accompanies the usual morning sickness and the residual effects of the drug…but how the hell did it get into me? Well…that explains the inability to fight back, the narcotic shutting down my physical responses, my brain online, my body...so not. Or maybe I am trying to explain why the sudden female weakness had submitted me into the hands of my enemies…pfft...had to be the drug…shifting to a slow sit, my body an ache of black and blue, head feeling massive perched on my neck, swollen lip, jaw, cheek…yeah, feels like the world has replaced my skull and is teetering on my shoulders, all ready to roll off…panic startling a shock through me...fuck…the young…is it…my hands are already reaching for my stomach in a time old protection, palms flat on the bump and…clinking? Jerking my arms, the heavy chains pulling taut, spears of metal curved into my wrists where the clasp was welded shut, tight to my flesh, a coating of razor metal skin restraining my movements…but at least I can touch the sparkling sunlight nestled safe in my womb…at least I can hold onto a part of my hellren…his soul, his essence forming the epicentre of my new world. For that...I cannot die…a year ago this would have been nothing, I would have fought and killed or killed myself, anything to avoid the repeat of my past that looms in a foreboding well of gloom and dank earthy mold. 

As my eyes adjust to the pitch black, the four surrounding walls are moist with mildew, a bare expanse of cold concrete, stark in its darkness, a room of shadows and pain, blood scenting through the musk of sod and tickling my nose with threatening promises…fear rolls off my body, a reaction I am helpless to stop as the air freezes and my breath mists in front of my face, the door opening wide, swinging to admit the well of darkness that swirls and coalesces in a vague humanoid form, the shadow of all shadows like viscous incorporeal oil draped in white robes, evil in its most primal form…The Omega…I choke on the fist of fear rammed down my throat…as good as dead if he’s here…and that voice…razor blades ripping into my skin at the beautiful, sinful cruelty that ebbs and flows with every intonation* <<Comfortable, little female? Such torture awaits Tohrture, she’ll feel right at home>> *lessers file in behind him and I force myself to a rising stand, he laughs, the dark sound insidious, burrowing into my soul, spreading its spores of evil*<< you are unarmed….you really think you can kill them all and survive?>> 

*curiosity laces the black sound..fangs punching from my jaw on a snarl, the chains snapping taut, releasing, giving me ground to move, length to play with, my voice a biting growl* You are foolish if you think I am unarmed, Meggy. Divest me of all the weapons you want, but I will not let you touch my young…ever…*what I assume is an eyebrow shoots up on the sinister shadow of his face* << I don’t want to hurt your young, silly little whore…How could I ever hurt family? You’ll be here another…*his head cocking, black pits assessing the rounded swell just stretching the fabric of the shirt*…few months…Might as well entertain me and play with my children…after all, that’s what a good mahmen does, isn’t it? >>*already dropped into an unbalanced stance, watching Meggy disappear and pop back into inky existence a little way away, his pale, stinky offspring of evil swarming out of the small space...maybe if I could prove my strength…he’d keep me alive…he wants your young, stupid female..of course you’ll be kept alive, but you know just how much it takes to almost kill you.

 Growling low, the chains lax, swinging in my grasp, ready to lash out with vicious metal precision and rend limb from limb anyone who touches me...I like chains...they've been my best friend for...forever...he'd armed me...The Omega watches me with growing heat, the shadows fluid with malevolence, bathed in the purity of white. *<<hmmm...your hellren will surely be searching for one such as you come nightfall...who wouldn’t? But…I am not too inclined to meet my nephew just yet…lucky the sun is on my side...though fast disappearing...You took your time waking up…and I wanted you to feel this>>*his form blurs, becomes an insubstantial mass of oblivion warping the air in an inky wash, the words too low to make out, distorted, morphing into a heavy pressing shield for all of a moment, my body oppressed, my soul screaming like a limb is being amputated in slow, precise cuts, severing all links, my heart threatening to break from my chest as I am left…alone…*No!! What have you done? I swear if you have hurt him…*you’ll do what Tory? Kill the Omega? Yeah good luck with that, we, meanwhile, are going to hide and hope this disconnection is temporary because we won’t survive long without him and you know it…I swallow the growing horror of my situation and raise my eye to the now substantial being coming to a spinning swirl of blinding white in front of me*<<Your hellren will be along…never, no one can hear you, see you, feel you…*his lips at my ear, his stench retching in my gut, menacing* I am going to have fun with you…before you help me destroy your race...>>*I swear the young in my womb shrivels away from his presence in abhorrence, my chained hands no protection for it as the Omega steals all light from the room, a vortex of nothing...nothing but a void of intense evil that leaves me heaving on the floor, my body spasming in fear…locked alone into the dark*

No comments:

Post a Comment