Tuesday 24 May 2011

Unwelcome guest

{laying sprawled, naked on the bed, muscles used and aching, the scent of my bond rising up from the black silk, a fanged smile curving my lips as I listen to Tory singing, her voice lilting over the sound of the running shower... the sound of a well sated female...}
*mouth open to the hot spray, fangs throbbing in the wake of feeding, skin hypersensitive and tingling as the water runs rivers over the curves of my body, droplets beading on the taut peaks of my nipples, my voice lyrical, singing over the rush of water, deliciously sore, wickedly satisfied...and yet still the beast lurks, dying to get her claws back into her male and mark him...again...*
{Rolling my shoulders, muscles bunching as I slip a hand-rolled between my lips, gloved thumb on the cusp of my gold lighter when I hear a shuffling sound outside the Penthouse door...what the fuck?..not expecting company, true....warrior instincts flaring to life..gunning zero to sixty in less time than it takes to palm my Glock, bare feet hitting cold marble, eyes narrowed to diamond slits, adrenaline pounding fight-or-flight through my veins.... fucking Lessers know where we live, true.... the stinking bastards had come back for Tory? Well, bring it on, motherfuckers...I'm just itching for a dirty fight...Stalking naked to the door, throwing a glance to the bathroom where Tory is still showering, Glock trained on the seam of the door, the heel of my gloved hand sliding the clip into place with a metallic click, ear pressed to the cool wood...listening...deep breaths expanding my chest, the well-oiled bolts sliding across on a whisper of metal, fingers curled around the door handle...turning..swinging the door wide and aiming the muzzle point blank into the face of...TORY??? What.The.Fuck!!! Staring into Tory’s emerald eyes...eyes that are peeled wide in shock...the same features as Tory...same thick, dark hair, but streaked with silver...Oh Shit!!...listen to that penny drop...her mother, it's her fucking mother, true and...yep.. good fucking deal, I'm standing here with a gun pointed in her face. Stark. Bollock. Naked...} Fuck!! {Quickly dropping the gun to cover my groin, mortification flooding the female's face in a scarlet flush, her gaze following the path of my hands as I cup myself...an elegant, jewelled hand shooting up to cover the silent Oh!! formed by her lips and in the panicked milliseconds it takes to crank my jaw back up off the floor, without thinking, I have slammed the door in the female's face. Fuck! Way to make an impression with the MIL, true. Christ!} Tory? TORY!! {yanking open the bathroom door, calling your name into the steamy haze} Tory...we got company...
*spinning, water flying in every direction, the heavy length of my hair whipping my skin as I swipe shampoo from my eyes, emerald gaze narrowed in confusion at your yelling until the naked ripple of your muscles fills my sight, brow quirked, blinking slowly* Company? *eyes peeling wide as a thought hits, hands fast to cradle my stomach, growling* Lessers?! You killed them like that? *gaze travelling the length of your body in slow, only slightly panicked, appreciation*
Not Lessers Tory...worse, true... {frowning, diamond eyes tracking the path of your gaze over my naked body} your doppelganger just showed up at the door and I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and say it’s your...mother...
*choking on something that could have been a laugh if my possession hadn't reared its head and growled over the fact that you answered the door...naked...and flashed my mother...and on that thought the growl twists back to a bubbling laugh, lips pressed together, shock slowly bleeding through at your expression* My mother? My mother is here? You're serious? *Tugging a towel from the rack, water ceasing its hot flow at a thought and wiping the luxurious fluffy material over my skin, mind grasping onto that concept* why? *I hadn't seen her in months, had missed our visit for a trip to Omega-Land, hadn't had the chance to tell her about the twins, or even our mating, so she had no reason to offer her congratulations* Well...let her in...we can't leave her out in the hall...*confusion hastening my rushed movements, skin flushed, nervous*
{eyes narrowed to diamond slits, gloved palm still wrapped around my Glock, bonding scent flooding the bathroom} You trust her Tory? {I mean, yeah, no doubt Tory’s family are really great peeps, true...when they're not torturing her, or selling her out to the Lessers...or being possessed by the Omega..fuck, I thought my family was dysfunctional} I won't risk you, or them... 
I...*palm wet, thumb brushing over your cheek as I cup your jaw* I trust you...I trust me...that's all I know...but she weighs less than nothing, has the delicate frame of an oppressed Glymera female and I doubt she can take us...*gaze drifting to the Glock* plus you're armed, and the Penthouse is littered with weapons...Oh God...she's here...at the Penthouse...*lids flaring wide as I mentally catalogue everything that could shock the female into a heart attack...*
{inclining my head in a curt nod, the brush of your fingers still tingling on my jaw} I trust you Tory...I'll go let her in. You might want to put something on, true...she's already had an eyeful of me.. {shaking my head as I close the door behind me, growling a curse, stepping into my leathers, yanking up the fly, fisting my shirt, a dagger concealed in the folds...just in case...fuck it, she's already seen me in the buff, shit can't get much worse, true? Casting a doubtful look in the direction of the rack and the wall of toys...sucking in a deep breath, gloved fingers on the door handle...swinging open the door...take two...clearing my throat, head inclined} Forgive me, true...please, come in {motioning with my hand for Tory’s mother to step inside, shrewd diamond eyes checking the corridor to be sure the female wasn't followed, that demure emerald gaze flicking over my naked chest...the Brotherhood scar...the inked warnings around my eye, a blend of disapproval and curiosity, no detail overlooked as she rustles past me into the Penthouse and the door closes us in with a soft click, then the awkward fucking silence, pressing down like the force of gravity doubled when she stepped in the room...all the countless terrified females I've ushered into this space before I found Tory... but for this sitch, yeah. No fucking words, true. Turning my back to the female as I slide the dead-bolts back into place...an audible gasp escaping her lips...followed by the words <<you are mated>> did she say it out loud, or had I simply heard the thought in my head? Whatever... a statement, not a question... pretty fucking undeniable, given Tory’s name is scarred into my shoulders...shit...pulling the shirt over my head as I turn to face her, the dagger a guilty secret exposed in my palm...give me a horde of damn Lessers over this any day...braced for a flurry of accusations...but before a single word is exchanged Tory’s appearance cuts the non-conversation down dead in its tracks...two sets of eyes turning to look at you stepping out of the bathroom}
*fumbling with the ties of V’s robe, securing the two halves of the silky material over the round of my stomach and stepping out of the humid bathroom, hair curling damp down to my ass, huffing strands from my eyes...and freezing. Pinned by two slightly nervous gazes, silence stretching between them, heavy in the air...oh the awkwardness could be stabbed with a dagger and still go on forever...emerald clashes with emerald as I face my mahmen, her eyes saucer wide, porcelain skin paling, flushing, draining of colour again, her mind working over what she is no doubt seeing...and what I am unable to hide any longer...her movement is tentative but quick, instinct dancing me out of range as she closes the distance, her fingers reaching to brush over the swell of our young, no words, just a soft gasp as she is left touching air...doubting the reasons for her visit, I cannot...will not...risk them if she has been roped, forced into betraying me, but shame wells as her expression, crestfallen, distraught, fills my vision, tears swimming in her eyes, her voice tremulous* <<May I not touch my grandchild? Am I hated so much for the sins of my hellren, my son? You did not visit as you said. You have decided to disown me, then? I am not worth your trouble?>> *my brow furrowing, arms wrapped protectively around our babies, her words tightening my heartstrings with the feelings I had so often felt and then beaten into submission, God this female is stronger than I...she was surrounded by people and completely alone and still survived, I chose my solitude and barely existed until you found me...catching a glint of lethal blade from the corner of my eye, my hands reach for hers and draw her palms onto the silk covered expanse of my stomach, guiding her touch to the constant kicks and nudges that roll beneath my skin, a whispered correction on my lips* Grandchildren...meet your grandchildren...mahmen...*those eyes, my eyes, darting up, her lips forming a perfect 'O' of awe...and flashing fear through teary emeralds, quickly disguised by the cooing of Old Language lulling over my bump* <<Such joy!!! Mated, and with young...with two!! Oh, daughter mine...truly...blessings...on your family...your hellren, your young...I am so very pleased>>*My heart stutters at her touch, her overjoyed murmurings, light in her face, a glow in her eyes...family...she wouldnt hurt us..she needed us...needed me...and I was just stable enough to want to need her too...I didnt want to go through this, frightening my hellren with things that are perfectly normal...it might be nice to have some experience a call away. Stepping back, her hands laced as she follows me in a slow tour of the Penthouse....Might as well scare her up front with our life, huh?*
{Welded to your side like a shadow, tension, like a wire stringing my spine taut, watching every interaction, gloved fingers curled around the hilt of the dagger as the female's hands fall on your stomach...the tension slowly bleeding away as it becomes clear your mother isn't going to lose the plot over the unexpected mating...and the twins...at least until she starts up with the grand tour of the Penthouse...lacing my free hand into your fingers, exchanging a strained glance, wondering if you feel like I do...like we've just been dragged up in front of the Grand Inquisitor...and fuck but this was one time I could do with losing the play-by-play intrusion of thoughts in my head...as your mother gets an eyeful of the rack and the masks and floggers, her mind struggling to piece together the mechanics of hard sexual couplings between me and her precious daughter, the scenarios thankfully falling way short of the reality, a bene of the females's cloistered Glymera life...Christ...I could do with getting faced on Goose right about now...throwing you a pained expression, a silent plea to get her the fuck away from the rack before she starts asking the questions in her head that I really don't want to answer}
*purposely ignoring the pointed, desperate looks that you throw my way, wanting to show my mahmen that I am well, that I am loved, that I have the best suite in the world to call home...but catching the rapid flickerings of shock, confusion, maybe just a hint of fear and disapproval before she hides them behind a mask I have worn so many times myself, and doubting her happiness at my situation. Mated. Brilliant. Pregnant. Scary but incredible. Engaging in...rolls eyes...'sexual perversions'. Probably not such a thriller for her. Especially given my new-found condition. But her composure never truly wavers, the awkward tension expanding, a balloon in a tight space, ready to burst, your pained glances beyond hilarious and stepping into new realms of freaked out. Saving you, my fingers squeezing yours before releasing to guide her away from the wall of leather and pain, sidestepping her around the rack back towards the kitchen* Do you want something to drink? *leaving her to perch on the couch, hands folded demurely in her lap as I root for beverages* we have *the fridge surprisingly only stacked with bottles of chocolate milk and an assortment of pastries and cakes* Milkshake *the cupboards under the bar, similarly filled with an overstock of alcohol, Goose, Absinthe...more of the same* Or water *palming the Goose and pouring a double, the tap running for the water she so pleasantly accepts, a long glass filled to brimming by the twins chocolate milk and waitressing the drinks to the coffee table, sliding the tumbler to you with a wink* water, nallum? *my mahmen's face is a picture, her mouth hanging slightly open, allowing herself a moment to digest...everything...the crazy expanse of rumpled silken sheets spread over a giant bed...the scent of possession permeating every surface, a heavy, comforting presence that speaks of home to me and something else to her...sex, love, bonded male maybe, and my face flames, hidden as I take a long drink of my chocolatey goodness, her eyes so...judging, appraising, picking out the weapons tossed, scattered on the floor, tables, counters, clothes strewn, ripped, torn fabric pathing the way to the bed, or the couch, or the bathroom...yeah...fuck...wish she'd called...you didn’t have to be a CSI to put the pieces of our lives together...to know what goes on. The suite is a canvas detailing every little thing. Her hand on my arm turns my attention, my focus on her and not inward, enclosed in my own musings*<<Are your doggen shopping for you Tohrture? Have you not more than one? To cater to the house and gather any supplies? You will need more when the young comes, truly...*she nods and my world shrivels, head shaking, no, we have no doggen, and then hot on the heels is, oh fuck, will we need doggen? Never used them before...Fritz's random food deliveries worked just fine for us, as did the nice people who brought me Chinese and pizza...tuning back in as she rambles about nannies* I have some contacts that could set you up with some lovely females, you wont have to do a thing, no feeding, or changing...>>*my incredulous scoff pulls her up short, shock written on my face, confusion darkening my eyes* I wont need any other..*nearly spitting the word*...females, to cater to our young...No stranger will touch them...*fucking Glymera sensibilities, handing your young over the minute it's birthed so you don't have to deal with it until it is old enough to dress up and look pretty. I knew only this pale blonde female in my memories until I could walk and talk, and then my mother took over...it was their way and while I didn't hold it against her, I would not leave our young to be nurtured by anyone but myself, plus the raging protective instincts that swore they would never leave our babies vulnerable to any attack left that option ash on the floor...* They are ours, they will be loved, and nurtured and taught...by us...no permanent nanny to do what is our right *maybe I am a little stern, my voice is hard, the warrior at the forefront defending its young, and she has no reply but to nod and sip at her water...the silence stretching, a rubber band of strained, conflicting ideals...*
{Planting my ass on the far end of the couch from your mother, warrior body folded into the seat with a creak of leather nursing the tumbler of Goose in my hands, spine rigid, gloved fingers drumming the side of the glass, wondering if I can just fade into the background like Tory’s chameleon, the conversation about doggen and young is like a foreign language to me and not one of the many I speak fluently...a humming in my head, like a train gathering speed...every judgemental comment only reinforcing my fears that I have no fucking clue about what it means to be a father...memories of the Bloodletter's camp surfacing like black, oily bubbles in my consciousness...barely hearing the question as the female turns her emerald gaze to me to break the heavy silence <<Where will the young sleep when they are born?>> an innocuous enough question but still a growl threatens to escape my throat, my grip slipping, diamond eyes cutting over to meet your face, voice strained} Right now I'm focussed on coming through this thing with a live shellan and breathing young, feel me?
*a small, sad, tentative smile on my lips as my hand finds yours, closing the distance, murmuring* we'll be fine, nallum.. *mind adding the 'maybe, I hope so and the what the fuck happens if we're not?' to the end of it before answering the question she posed* The Scribe Virgin willing we all make it through this, they'll get their own room, and of course some changes will be made...*her gaze darts briefly back, scanning the open plan suite* I don't mean to sound rude, but isn't it courtesy to call before visiting someone? Is there a reason you're here? Other than to be harassed by important news? *Ok...so I embarrassed her, but I don't like surprises and this was an intrusion, people rarely came here, it's our space and she'd put me on edge with the presumptions that everything was going to be all happy families. Her face flames, hands twisting in her lap, rustling her skirts nervously*<<Forgive me, I worried when you did not show, and I heard nothing for weeks...I'm guessing this is why...*gesturing to my stomach with a smile*...have you been on bedrest?>>*growling low my head shaking, urging her to continue past the question, her tone suggesting further conversation*<<Ah yes, apologies...I have news...and though it may not be such a devastation to you, I thought it well you hear it from me...*she took a breath, meeting my curious gaze, her words spoken to the both of us* Your uncle...he...was...expired...quite violently..>>
Fuck!! {Choking on a mouthful of Goose, diamond eyes fixed on the tiny drops that spatter the polished floor between my shitkickers...well there it was, the frosting on the cupcake, the nail in the coffin of happy-clappy MIL relations. I'd killed the female's brother...well, technically the Omega had already got his slimy hands on the fucker...but sure as shit I'd laid the glowing hand of death on him....and I'd do it again in a heartbeat for what that cocksucker did to Tory...Shit...suddenly feeling like the air just got sucked out of the room...guilt blazing in the glance I throw you as I rise up to full height, clearing my throat} Females...excuse me, true...{unlocking the balcony slider with my mind, stepping out into the night air like I just resurfaced from drowning, lighting up a hand-rolled and sucking on the thing like it's oxygen, taking up a heavy pace over the terrace, thinking with motion...mind working over all the shit this impromptu visit from Tory's mother has stirred up, muttering curses into the night}
*eyes narrowed, following your exit, envious, wishing I could excuse myself and just possibly hurl myself off the balcony, only relief in the wake of her revelation as I turn back to face my mahmen* what...who killed him? What happened? *sipping the milk slowly, eyes tracking your pacing, the silhouette of your form, the curling tendrils of smoke* <<Lessers, it is believed, the house simply reeked of them, he was...eviscerated...*her delicate brows pulling together in a frown* it was quite messy...such a loss...>>*her tone speaks of sarcasm, the proper, polite form of insulting and the laugh that escapes my lips is partly snorting milk, and part just plain amusement* Yes...a great loss...*some of the tension eases in that moment, mutual hatred, mutual relief that he is dead setting aside our disagreements*<<May I ask, and I promise, you answer these few questions and I will leave...never to dawn on your doorstep without a call again..>> *eyeing her warily, my heart thumping randomly in nervous beats, hating the baby inquisition more than anything*<<You are being...careful, yes? *a slight motion of her hand to the rack, the wall, perfectly highlighting her true meaning* I am your mahmen...I worry...*my expression must have been deadly, for she skips to the next inquiry with a flutter of skirts* very well...you must know then, of the pregnant females being snatched, I cannot stress how many of the civilians have been taken, even...the Glymera fear for their shellans...*grasping my hand tight she catches my gaze and pours her motherly concern into my heart with emerald beams of fear* You must let him protect you...you must...Yes I know you can kill and maim and all but are you capable of protecting all three of you in an attack? I don't think I have seen such possession before...he...gravitates, shields, every move of your body is countered by his, to take a hit...for you. Even against myself...*her head cocks, two pairs of emerald eyes trained on the glass doors* You love him...and I believe he loves you...am I correct?...in everything, I must know...>>*still her eyes are not on me, but staring through glass to watch the night. My breath huffs out, leaning back, absently stroking my stomach* Yes...you're correct. I am not out on the streets...I am not fighting...I love him...he is my soul, and we are his, all three of us...you have nothing to fear, your daughter and grandchildren are well loved, mahmen...though the means may be a little...alternative...*her smile is one I have only just come to recognise in the mirror, hands smoothing skirts as she rises, dropping a kiss to my stomach and beaming at me*<<My grandchildren...*smooth palm cupping my cheek* daughter mine...I will take my leave...kiss your hellren for me...he may need it...I think I have traumatised you both enough...>>*making her way, all proper, princess grace and floating walk to the door...willing the glass doors open so my voice carries* nallum? She's leaving....
{Gaze flipping up to the glass doors as the slider shifts, stubbing the hand-rolled on the sole of my shitkicker before striding back inside the Penthouse, where your mother is already at the door, ready to leave, wishing I could catch your gaze, but your back is turned to me. Standing stock still, shoulders squared off as the petite female stops in front of me, braced for a verbal lashing...accusations about her brother...but when she looks up at me, she is blotting tears from under those emerald eyes...fuck...so like Tory’s...her voice cracking when she speaks <<Warrior...thank you for protecting my precious daughter...for holding her when I could not>> I'm lost for words, rigid as a board, her delicate porcelain arms reaching up under my armpits to close around me in an awkward hug, before pulling away, eyes downcast as she steps out through the door of the Penthouse, leaving just you and me...all of the tension blowing out with the billowing rustle of her silk skirts...stood motionless...shocked...as you ram home the bolts on the door, locking us fast into the Penthouse} Fuck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment