Monday 16 May 2011

Destiny Inscribed

*the water was so blue, a vivid aquamarine, crystal clear purity revealing white sands in the moons glow. Ah...third time this week the sandman had brought me to skinny dip in this dream lagoon...calm, tranquil, no fear, no panic, just V and our young... perfection of the highest order, where laughter wasn’t also a cover for terror, and smiles weren’t slightly strained...the water licks warm up my calf, embracing me in its liquid hold, invisible hands smoothing up my skin as I wade out deeper, luxuriating....my eyes flash, peripheral vision blurring, the clarity seeping out on a wash of sepia, ancient in its colouring, turning my mind to panic...never did this dream alter…never warped into the uncertainty I am fearing now...breath hitching as the light brown turns my world into an old photo, black lines blurred delineations, water rushing out on a tidal wash to reveal stone, the sand receding, trees ashed in the wake of the new russet tone...I can’t move, locked in shock as my dream morphs to something I have never seen before...a wall...a fucking wall, right where my beautiful ocean used to be...fuckers...the world warps, ripples, two dreams trying to fit into the mould of one, fighting for supremacy...the ancient stone walls and brownish flicker of...candles?...stifling the vibrancy of nature and caging it in a dungeon-esque room that my eyes can barely take in in one glance...not too vast a space, but...too much for the brain to accept in so short a look. Wow*
{Eyes glowing diamond in the darkness, gloved hand propping up my stubbled jaw, watching Tory intently as she sleeps, a tangle of limbs in the sea of black silk, a slow smile lifting the corners of my mouth...she is dreaming...her eyes flickering jerky, saccadic movements beneath closed lids, classical REM, soft lips parted to reveal the twin ivory tips of razor-sharp fangs, hitching breaths and unintelligible murmurings falling from her lips... one of them sounding distinctly like 'fuckers'...suppressing the laugh that threatens to rouse her...my gaze drawn to her slender fingers, cradling the rounded swell of her stomach, sporadic, amorphous shapes deforming the skin as the young play out a little kick-boxing routine inside her womb and I wonder absently if the unborn dream as we do.....}
*As I stare, the room slowly fills in its little details, putting skin on the sepia skeleton of the place that had inhabited my dream world, painting in the rest of the black marble, the walls veneered in the expensive material and standing out in the flickering glow from the candles...but only one wall draws my attention, the one that had blocked my view of the sea, the strange, vast expanse of marble panels etched in unintelligible writing...from this distance anyway...I don’t really want to get any closer, but the room does a shimmer and my feet carry me up the shallow steps, towards some freaky ass altar, and one hell of a dead dude's head propped trophy-like on the slab of limestone. God...fighting my movements, I am helpless, carried on a dreamy conveyor belt, feet glued onto a moving path I can’t break from and paraded past row after row of...names? The script that had been such a jumble, in reality is the prominent inscriptions of the Old Language, names of every Brother that had ever been in existence...well versed, my eyes recognize and fill in their stories, scanning, mentally photographing, finding with an involuntary squeak V's name amongst the lot, the seven characters vivid and pouncing out at me...God this dream is fuck weird...I'm staring at a fucking wall when I could be fucking against a wall...big difference and the former is way less exciting...as the brown hue of my vision dims, the candle light falls in a spatter of gold on a corner, the marble freshly chipped and beautifully carved, the names deep set...someone took the time to make each character more perfect than all the rest, the etching smooth, clear, love bleeding from the inscriptions even in the haze of a dream. Brow furrowing, fear sparking bright in the gloom…either these names were to honour...or...just one big ass gravestone...though V still lived...my fingers stretch towards the two names, hovering a breath away, tracing the characters...as skin touches marble the dream flips on its head and startles me with a jolt, like Alice falling down the fucking rabbit hole, my body is in a free fall as my brain hurtles awake and my eyes flip open, finding V watching me with a soft smile, his name on my lips, a question in my mind* fuck...V...morning....damn...
{The sudden kick in the tempo of your heartbeat is palpable as your lids fly open, eyes wide as saucers, meeting the bewilderment in your emerald gaze with a lazy smile, voice a gravelled whisper} Good morning, shellan mine, you were dreaming, true...
*nose crinkling, scrubbing a hand over my face as my jaw cracks on a yawn* Yeah...I think I was...my skinny dipping got hijacked by a giant fucking wall with a billion names on it...fucking sandman...*stretching, a writhe of curves uncoiling the kinks in my muscles, hand falling to a natural rest on my stomach as I smile drowsily* the TV not working?
Mmmm I prefer the view from here...{gloved knuckles brushing down your cheek as I lean in to take your mouth in a soft kiss, your words spiking my curiosity, a familiar image springing to mind...but not one you could possibly know of. Trailing a path of biting kisses down the column of your throat, dragging in your scent on deep inhales} what exactly did you dream Tory?
*spine arching my head back into the pillow as your kisses bite pleasure over my skin, voice husky* well...we were swimming...but then a giant wall plonked itself in the middle of the ocean and some dungeon rebuilt around the marble panels and my ass got dragged past lists and lists of Old Language names...the ones I recognized were Brothers...you were there....*running my hand up your shoulder to bury a fisting grip in your hair, purring at your kissing touches* weird...
{Whoa…hold up...pulling back against the resistance of your grip, eyeing you with a blend of wary suspicion and insane curiosity} Not a dungeon, Tory...a tomb... you saw the sacred wall? Impossible, true...{voice detached, speaking as much to myself as to you} This 'dungeon' you saw…you've never been to this place…in reality? Outside of your dreams, true?
*frowning, my head shaking 'no', your reaction stoking the probably cat fatal curiosity people speak of* never seen it before in my life, nallum...dreams or otherwise...and it could have been a tomb...there was a freaky dead dude there...*eyeing you warily, fangs worrying my lower lip to raw* is it bad?
{Lids flaring at your description of the first Brother, shaking my head slowly} get dressed Tory....no…on second thoughts…{rising from the bed in a fluid surge of muscle, padding to the closet and emerging with a wad of black silk, tossing one half of the bundle into your lap} Put this on Tory... there's something I need to show you, true...
*the silk slipping through my fingers as I stroke the bundle in my lap, eyes lifted to yours in question, taking a brief moment to appreciate the naked flex and bunch of muscles beneath all that beautiful tawny skin...my warrior...before shrugging the flow of material over my bared curves and slipping from the bed, smirks* kinky...are we taking the handcuffs?
{Pushing my arms into the sleeves of the silk robe and tying the sash in a loose knot on my hips, looking back at you over my shoulder as I stuff weapons and clothes into a black duffle, one black brow cocked on a mischievous grin} No cuffs, Tory...hmmm {scrubbing my palm over my rough jaw} but I should blindfold you... safer, true...nobody knows the location…
*eyes narrowing to emerald slits, heated with a dichotomy of wariness and desire...blindfold...hmm...drawling* O...K... *fastening the sash beneath the round of my stomach, dagger and sheath slipped stealthily around my thigh, unnerved and still not fully functioning in the realms of awareness...* you make me kiss any dead guys and I'll beat you...
Trust me, Tory..{the words edged with a seductive growl, stealing a rough kiss before snatching the keys to the Escalade, slinging the duffle over one shoulder, gloved hand sliding to the small of your back with a laugh} no kissing dead guys…promise
*the ride to..wherever was a mingled combination of stimulating arousal and uncertainty. I trust you with my life but the fact that I have no idea the dangers that could await us still kicks my heart up, especially with my sight taken by the slip of silk you tied so expertly over my eyes. No light permeating the fabric, your scent drives my libido wild and my imagination to the last time we used this...growling as the rumble of the engine dies to a purr and then silence, waiting, my hand on the handle, brain co-ordinating the twisting turns and near silent click as the miles turned over to an area but no specific point...damn it...sing song voice hiding my tension* are we there yet?
{killing the engine as we pull into the small clearing, senses on full alert, tuning in to the sounds of the night} yeah, Tory, we're here.. {exiting the Escalade and coming around to crack open your door, strong hands guiding you out onto the soft grass} but don't lose the blindfold until we're inside, true {a chill of doubt riding up my spine as the reality of what I'm about to do hits home...it is forbidden for anyone but Brothers, inductees and the Scribe Virgin to enter the tomb and yet I am driven by a strange compulsion to show you, to confirm my suspicions about the dream...fuck... Better hope Mom's in a good mood, true... stopping you at the entrance to the cave, gloved fingers seeking the hidden seam in the wall to trigger the stone slab...my hand at your back, guiding you inside the cave, the wedge of rock closing us in on a whisper, fingers reaching behind your head to untie the silk blindfold}
*feeling a little like I'm in an Indiana Jones movie as the scrape of rock on rock blends with the sounds of the night, any minute now to be dragged and served up on a sacrificial altar to a pygmy god while some guy chants bullshit and that feeling only plays with my imagination more as the blindfold is dropped and I blink in the low light of the wall sconces. Curling my toes against the cold rock, inhaling the scent of damp earth, the chill air, glancing at you sideways, seeking the powerful masculine beauty of your profile* this is the part where the pit monster eats us right? Where are we?
{eyes cutting over to you in a flashing diamond glare} We are in the tomb of the first Brother, Tory...the Brotherhood's most sacred place, true...{our voices echoing off the stone walls as we step up to the first set of ornate cast-iron doors, the air smelling of earth and candle wax. Stopping at the doors, gloved hand fisted over my heart as I mutter the words in the Old Language} I am not worthy to enter this place....{swinging the doors wide on the long hall of shelves, row upon row of ceramic jars...thousands of stacked up to the twenty-foot ceiling} This is where we bring them....
*chastened by your words, silent as I regard you, intent on memorizing every word, every tiny ritual before we even enter the grand hall that refracted crystal lights off row after row of jars, the shrivelled hearts of our enemies caged inside…such numbers...my train station lockers and storage units held nothing so many as these* Wow...*eyes catching on the second set of doors, my feet carrying me beyond you, your guidance, any ritual forgotten* I saw these, granted they were behind me, but..*shrugging, bare feet hastening me to tug open the closed doors and step inside a facsimile of my dream, the colours brighter, clearer, everything more real, without the haze of sepia that layered the unconscious replica. Hearing your footsteps, skin against stone, behind me, I let my mind compare the two. No ceiling in my dream, yet this room held dagger white stalactites that pierced the air above us with deadly threat. Not really in the mood for being impaled and pinned in this frankly quite fucking creepy place for ever, I dodge a trail to the stone steps, the raised platform exactly as it was, your presence beaming heat at my back, whether guarding me or the sanctum I don’t know but I'm grateful for it. Skipping nervously around the altar, shaking off the heebies as the First Brother eyes me from empty sockets, my fingers trailing the wall reverently, not quite touching marble, indulging in the reality of this, so much more imposing, a fantasy my father never quite got right in his stories, not silver inlaid gold at all, just jet polished stone with its bare centre panel and strange pegs. But something is off...something either here but not there or vice versa, a niggling of the dream trying to remind me that I'm missing something* do you guys change things in here? *hunkering down at the blank corner, eyes narrowed in concentration, grasping onto dream memory, fingers to marble as a rioting flurry of kicks and rolling punches ripple in my stomach with two tiny bodies*
{shadowing your every move, watching with wary fascination as the sparks of recognition play over your expression like the flames of the massive black candles that illuminate the Brotherhood's inner sanctum. Just as you drop to inspect the wall, I catch a glimpse of...something...in my peripheral vision…I could swear it is a small, robed figure…but no sooner have I cranked my neck around than the image is gone…dissolved into the light reflecting off the glossy black marble. The acoustics of the vast cave ricocheting my words off the walls as I reply} No, Tory...I carve the names of new inductees...but there hasn't been a new member of the Brotherhood in over seventy years, true...why do you ask?
*my frown deepening, fingers stroking the smooth marble, wondering if the names were simply covered over as your words bounce around the dark space, our young actively participating in my exploration as they jostle each other, craning my neck to look over at you in confusion...you carved the names? Had something happened to the missing two? Rising with a wince of painful discomfort as my spine gets roundhouse kicked from the inside* then why were Xsykhe and Khaos removed?
Xsykhe and Khaos? {meeting your emerald gaze with an expression of blank confusion} There are no brothers with those... {eyes widening, glancing down to your stomach, hands reaching out to touch on instinct, voice a low whisper} Fuck... you think it's them Tory?...their names? {slowly lifting my eyes back to your face}
They named themselves? *voice echoing your whisper, hushed, startled, clasping your hand to the swell of life as I roll the names on my tongue, tasting the sounds, trying to pair them with the young dwelling within me* I saw them, inscribed with loving care, here...*motioning to the blank spot with a wave of my hand, still puzzling over it* beautiful names...
Khaos and Xsykhe...{repeating the words, getting acquainted with the sounds} warrior names, from the Old Language, true…you saw them in the dream...it must be, Tory...{lips curving into a tentative, fanged smile} they named themselves…precocious little freaklings, true...{quirking an amused brow}
*laughter vibrating against your lips as I tug you down to ravage your mouth with roughly tender kisses...names...they have names...makes them so fucking real...* they are that, my love...Xsykhe and Khaos...our warriors...*basking in the happiness that accompanies their naming, my hand grips you tight, pulling you from the Tomb and home to the DM Penthouse*

No comments:

Post a Comment